Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What to do?

Ok, so I started writing another blog post, and it ended up in a poem!! Enjoy :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever found yourself wondering what to do with your life?


I have..............


A Purpose


Struggling along in some dreary day, 
Finding it hard to see God's way.


A purpose in life and direction for me
I pray to my Father to help me see.


What to do with what He has given?
What will make things sweeter in Heaven?


Give some purpose in this life that I live
To make me Your servant and always to give...


The glory and praise for what I've known
To You, my God, and to You alone.


So all that I have and all that I do
I give it all back, God, only to You.


All my talents, my treasure and time
May they always be Yours and never more mine.



The gifts You've given for me to use
I won't waste away, cuz I can never reuse.


For all the time that I've tasted
And the hours of youth I've wasted


I humbly beg for Your pardon
For all that I've left undone.


Now, please take me, Lord, and all that I am
I can do whatever You will, when I'm safe in Your hands.


Make today count!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

2 comments:

  1. That is a very good poem, and it really hit me. Over the past year or so I've really been struggling with "what does God want me to do?" I'm done with school, I'd like to get married real soon, I'm looking for a job, etc. It's easy for me to get lost in the worries about what I'm supposed to do with my life. I really like stanzas 4-7 because they remind me that whatever I do in my life, my focus and purpose has to be to give glory to the Lord. If I'm doing that, then He'll guide me where I should go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord! I'm glad it was a blessing. That's the goal of this blog, to be a blessing to others :)

    ReplyDelete