Friday, July 15, 2011

Others first?

Martha was a servant, and was always doing. But she worried about it, and it consumed her life and she didn't have time for the Lord because she was too busy serving. Mary chose to seek the Lord first and learn at His feet. (Luke 10:40-42)


Sometimes I wonder, am I letting service to others get in the way of my relationship with the Lord? Its easy to concentrate on the people around me and neglect my walk with the Lord. Am I helping others with their walk with God while neglecting my own?


Am I a Mary, really living close to the Lord and learning at His feet, or am I too busy with other things? What is my real priority in life? Having others as a priority above oneself is good, but am I letting them take first place, ahead of the Lord?

Just some thoughts...

Make today count!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment