Sunday, July 17, 2011

Its our fault....

I mentioned this somewhat in my first post but it has been something I've been thinking about a lot lately, so its come up again.


Its really been a challenge to me, as my pastor has been preaching on this country, how much of what is wrong with it is our fault! And by "our," I mean God's people. Because we have turned our backs on Him, and no longer trust Him to lead our country and our individual lives, He is turning His back on America.


I love this country so much. It thrills my heart to hear our national anthem or any patriotic song, and it is breathtaking to watch her beautiful flag waving in the breeze. I stand in awe of the privilege to live here, and pray that I never lose that focus. I can never take it for granted, because so many men and women have given their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor that I might be free.


But the responsibility of leading this country, and of returning her heart to her God is falling on the shoulders of my generation. America has been through a lot in the last 100 years, and most of it is not for the better. She is struggling now, and its up to us to get her back on track.


Will you take the challenge? Will you, if you are a child of God, take the responsibility of humbling yourself and turning to God? 


If we don't, who will?


Let Us Stand

The thrill of pride as our flag touches the sky.
The feeling of wonder at a bald eagle's cry.
As proud and strong as the soldiers who fight for us
So still and silent a fallen one's hush.


This country so proud
So brave, strong and free.
Holds liberty for all
For them, you and me.


But we lose our liberties as we lose sight of our God.
The freedom we've fought for and so costly won
Will all be lost unless we submit to His Word.
Because the more we ignore Him, the less He is heard.


Turn back to your God
Oh Christians of this land
So that our flag will not fall
And our freedom will stand.


True freedom and liberty come through bondage to Christ
So from the ashes of this land, let a new standard rise!
Pray for salvation. Be strong! Take the hand
Of America, our country, and fight for this land.


Make today count!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment