Monday, July 11, 2011

Best friends :)

I wasn't originally going to write about this. But I had an interesting conversation with a friend that kind of made me rethink how I see the people around me and friends in particular. What's my focus?


And you know what I came up with? Being someone's best friend, or thinking about if I am, or worrying about it, or being jealous of someone who is..... All mean I'm not content! If I'm not happy with the friends I have, or I am worrying about it all the time, that basically means I'm not content with the life my God has given me. I want something different. But, by wanting more, I'm wanting less than all He has given me. He has given me everything I could ever need, and if I want more than that....... I'm an ungrateful wretch!


Besides that, He's the Best Friend I could ever want, need, or have. He's the only One Who's always there for me, and the only One I can constantly depend on. People are going to fail me all the time, and no one is going to be perfect. That's just life. There is no perfect friend. And as close as any person here on earth can be, I have to always be closest to my Saviour to be contented and truly happy. 
Anyways, if I'm always worrying about it, I'm just being selfish. Only the Lord knows how much I struggle with that.....


I'll end with a poem I wrote today on this very subject. I hope that its a blessing to you, because all this has really touched my heart and changed my viewpoint.


Best Friend

I often long to be first choice
Of someone that I know.
And have a friend who's always close to me
Along this way I go.

I wonder if someday perhaps
I'll have a friend so dear.
Who'll always be there for me
And when my heart cries out, will hear.

But when I tend to dwell
On these confusing kinds of thoughts.
I realize that my God above
Is the very best Friend I've got!

He loves me when no one else could
And He's forever there for me.
He's always desirous of my time
And showed His love on Calvary.

When I'm in trouble and need some help
He's always there to control my way.
And when I'm sad and need a shoulder
I can lean on Him as long as I wish to stay.

He's my All and fills my every need
His power can keep and rule my path
And whatever I need to cope with life
There is no doubt, but I know He has.

He's my Best Friend and I need no other
So I'll love Him best and trust Him most.
And to no one else in this whole world
Will I ever be quite as close.

Who's your best friend?

Make today count!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment