Saturday, July 23, 2011

Achieve the impossible!

My brother and I were having a discussion about someone we know that seems to be able to accomplish whatever he wants to. He makes up his mind to do something, and he has the drive, the determination, and the work ethic to see it through. It seems there's no limits!! It would be amazing to see such a person on fire for the Lord. Imagine what he could accomplish!


We also talked about the other end of the spectrum. There's people like our friend who can, as I put it "achieve the impossible." They can do anything they put their mind to! But there's others that have to have reachable goals or they get frustrated and discouraged. I am definitely a person like that. If I set a goal too high, it just depresses me and I quit before I ever get close to reaching it. I know that's a character flaw that I need to work on.


I wonder, what kind of person are you? I don't believe that either one is necessarily right or wrong, although I definitely believe the "achieve the impossible" type is much better and more desirable. Are you setting small goals that let you see your progress, or are you reaching for the sky, and determined to succeed?


This applies to our walk with the Lord as well. With His help, we can achieve the impossible, since we know that without Him we are helpless. And in this area of life, I believe that there is only one right attitude. We should always be striving to set not just our affections, but our goals on higher things. Literally, reach for the stars! Set high goals of where you want to be in your Christian walk, and live up to them! Ask God to help you when you struggle and to give you the drive and the determination to reach your goals, even if they seem impossible. He can help you know where your goals are low, and give you the strength to reach your high ones. Don't let yourself be content with just being an average Christian. God didn't call us to be average, He called us to be lights in this world.


Don't think that because I'm writing this that I have it all figured out. The Lord often uses my own blog posts to convict my heart because He knows that I need this as much as anyone. I have so much farther to go before I will ever really know my God. He is so much more than I can fathom!!


I've discovered that there are two kinds of people in this life. Those who set low, reachable goals, and those who can achieve the impossible. Which kind are you?


Make today count!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment