Sunday, August 28, 2011

Truth indeed

I've been kind of convicted about something lately... After some shocking news I wasn't expecting that sort of upset my world, it made me rethink how real my God is to me.

My uncle has been going through some hard times and has lost a lot of his memory. But even through this time when he can't do anything for himself, and he is confused about so many things, he is still true to his God and is never confused about Him. His God is so real to him, and I wonder about myself?

Am I really trusting in God so thoroughly that nothing that comes up in my life can drive me away? When I lay all my hopes and dreams at His feet, am I doing it with every intention of leaving them there, or am I doing it just for show? Is my God really real to me?

Is what I do so that I can brag about how close I am to God and how much I love Him? Am I really living what I say I am or am I two different people?

Here's a poem that's been in my head the last few days.


A Better Plan


I laid my hopes and dreams at His feet
I told Him I'd do whatever He willed.
But when it came right down to it
I wasn't really sure that I would.


I told Him I'd give Him my all -
I left my heart in His hands.
But I didn't really know if I'd live it out
When the time came I didn't understand.


He took everything that I'd laid at His feet
And told me it wasn't His best.
He said all my plans and hopes were wrong
And my dreams didn't show any trust.


He threw them all out
And gave me something new.
Saying, "You need to learn to trust in Me.
I want to have all of you."


I don't know why He took them away
I don't know why it wasn't His plan.
But I trust that He knows what's best
Even when I don't understand.

Make today count!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment