Monday, August 15, 2011

Making history in Iowa....

Thought I'd give everyone an update on what I've been up to lately... This blog may change somewhat to keeping up with what's going on with me, since I'm leaving for college in a week and a half. But we'll see what happens...


I've been really busy preparing for college shopping, packing, and registering. Its been hectic but fun!! And I still managed to find time this last weekend to go down to Iowa with a bunch of other people to volunteer for Michele Bachmann. She had only been in Iowa for a month vs multiple years for other candidates, but the straw poll was on Saturday and she needed a push. So about 50 of us went down there to do phone banking and help her get ready. 


We surpassed all the goals that the campaign staff had set with things they wanted to have done. Then we all helped out in the actual straw poll on Saturday. 


And she won!! By just a small margin. Apparently, we pushed her over the top. She was the first woman to ever win the Iowa straw poll!! So no matter what her political future holds, we were a part of history! 


It was a valuable experience, and a fun one too. I really enjoyed hanging out with everyone in the down times, and working with them as well. I will never forget it!


Now on to finishing up stuff to get ready to leave. I can hardly believe that the day we leave is almost here!!!!


Make today count!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment