Friday, August 19, 2011

Gracious living..... at home?

I've been noticing lately how I talk to and about my family vs the way I treat my friends. I'm ashamed to say that there are ways that I treat my friends better than my own family... Its been convicting to listen to how I speak at home, and how I conduct myself. Why is so hard for us to be kind to our family, when we love them more than the friends that we are gracious to?


I think the real reason for it rests in the fact that we become careless with how we live, and we don't appreciate the people around us like we should. We become calloused to the things that they do for us, and we cease to really appreciate what we have been given. We see so easily the faults in others, but we are blinded to the real failures in our own lives. 


This has been especially "rammed into my head" these days, because I will soon be leaving my family and I will definitely miss them! Sure, I will still keep in touch and all, but it isn't the same. A friend of mine recently mentioned that he didn't think I would come back home after the first year. I'm sure he is wiser than I am, but I do wonder if that could be true. I know that I'm ready to be on my own, at least for a bit, but I also love my family very much, and I don't know that I'm ready for 100% independence.


Appreciate what your family does for you, even if it doesn't seem like much. Think for a second, where would you be without them?


Make today count!!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, Amanda. And very true. It doesn't change much either. You can grow up, get a job, move away, but you'll always need your family. And nothing is a mistake...God put you in a particular family for a very good purpose. Don't ignore it or throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very thankful for the family I have! Thanks for the comment. Mind telling me who you are?

    ReplyDelete