Monday, August 22, 2011

A Gratitude Attitude and a Lesson from a Refrigerator

I got a quote from a friend recently. It was:

"What if all you had tomorrow was what you thanked God for today?"


I been thinking about that...... and the fact that we take so much for granted. Here in America we have so much to be thankful for, and I wonder if we ever even realize that. Our refrigerator went out not too long ago, and we've been having to truck things back and forth from downstairs all the time. We think its such a hassle, but honestly, only a small population of the world even has a fridge, let alone two. So, is it really a hassle?


The other thing is, every thing we have, and I do mean everything, is a gift from our Heavenly Father. So do we thank Him for it? Not just the big things like salvation and the miracles He does every day, but the little things too. Like a refrigerator? Like electricity? Running water? Clothes to wear? (or if you're like me, too many clothes....) His Word? a church to attend? what about those things?


Does it ever cross your mind to thank God for those kinds of things? How really thankful are you?

What if all you had tomorrow was what you thanked God for today?


Make today count, and be thankful for it!!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

2 comments:

  1. That's very challenging! I definitely need to work on making gratitude a lifestyle. Speaking of being thankful, I'm thankful to have friends who post thought-provoking things on their blogs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it was a blessing! Praise the Lord.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete