Sunday, September 4, 2011

Understanding the will of the Lord

The Lord has been working on me the last few days about His will for my life and my desire to understand everything that He wants for me right now. And you know, it isn't always His will for us to understand it all in the beginning. Sometimes we just have to trust Him and step out in faith, believing we'll understand later on.

I think of the people in the Bible that didn't understand how the Lord was leading them a certain direction or why. But every time He had a plan and a reason for it, and every time, it was His perfect will, if they were just willing to follow it completely and trust in Him.

Makes me think....... Am I following God's will for my life right now? Am I living in step with Him every day, and living as I know that He wants me too? Is He the real and true King of my life? Am I living FOR Him every day?

Kind of bleeds over into other areas of our lives too. I think a lot of girls that make the decision to save themselves completely for "the one" and not just physically but in mind and spirit and emotionally too, are really actually missing the real will of God for their lives. I have chosen that, but the Lord has spoken to me the last couple days and made me rethink who I'm really saving it all for. Shouldn't I be saving myself for the King of my life, even if I never do get married? He will always be with me, and even though I don't always understand His will, He always has a perfect plan that He will lead me in, if I just trust and follow Him.

So how's God's will for your life? Is He the Lord of your life? The message tonight in the service was about serving the Lord with our whole heart. Does He have all of your life? Are you doing what's right, not just because it is right, but because you love Him wholly?

The Lord is doing a great work in my heart and life in this place, and I am so thankful that He has brought me here. I can honestly say, there is no joy like that which comes in wholly following the Lord!

Make today count, and give the Lord everything!
Always,
~ Amanda ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment